[LRflex] Re: All about M9!!!

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 19:50:08 -0700

Michiel, Doug,

The quick (relatively) emergence of the "complete" M9 has given me some hope that the "adequate" solution for our dear and wonderful R lenses will in fact meet our needs, wants, prejudices, etc. Whatever else the M9 may be, IMHO, it is a vector in the proper direction.

I would be happy as a clam if the M9 technology was packaged in a reflex housing. I need nothing else, not 14 modes, nor 12 scene choices, nor an 8 layer deep interface hierarchy, nor 26 buttons, etc. The M9's carefully thought out user interface seems wonderful to me.

Best,

Bill

On Sep 5, 2009, at 5:03 PM, Michiel Fokkema wrote:

That;s true Doug.
Actually this same evening I very happily used my elmarit 180 on a canon 5d to shoot a concert. It's not a R10 but the best I can do for now.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Doug Herr wrote:
Michiel Fokkema wrote:
No serious, this is the camera we've been waiting for.
A major milestone for sure, but this being the reflex list some of us have been waiting for something else. Something that Leica now says won't happen.
Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com