[LRflex] Re: Airborne... me no worry no more

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 06:17:35 -0700

Philippe wrote:

WOW !

This is the shot!

Thanks. :-) The big trick with Rodeo work is to get a good shot, with a good pose and a clean background. The problem with most shots, is that the rails, or the stands, interfere with the clarity of the shot. Brahma bull riding is a prime example ... most rides last fewer than 5 seconds (you have to stay on for 8, to get a score), and so they bulls seldom get any further than a few meters from the fencing. Even with a long-ish lens and wide aperture, there is still too much DOF to blur out the backgrounds.

This one shows just what I mean...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Ride3.htm

It is this rare combination of clean background and good action which sets the "Wrangler" shot above the rest. I'm very pleased with it, and I hope Wrangler will be, too!

Good luck with Wrangler, well, they can't be that blind that you'd need any.

Thanks. :-)