[LRflex] Air Chicken

  • From: H&E Cummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 18:44:45 -0800

Happy Jan 1st Flexers!
My family likes to take the float plane between Vancouver and Pender Island -
it saves about 3 hours in travel time and is a spectacular 20 minute flight
when the weather is good.
Esther and son Russell came back on the plane just before Christmas and I went
to Port Washington to meet them.
As the plane was landing a cormorant rose from the water to meet it and for a
breath holding moment it looked like the bird might strike the plane's
propellor.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/Chickenw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/b7xrn8n

Have a look large please. From the pilots on the list I am interested in
knowing what would have happened if the bird had not gained sufficient altitude.

C&C always welcome

Howard (on quiet Pender now that everyone is gone)------