[LRflex] Ah, fo rthe good ol' days...

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:26:17 -0800

I've been spending time, today, cleaning and organizing my office. (It
needed it!)

Along the way, I found an old invoice book, from my days as a camera
repairman, back in the late 1960's.

In it, I found the following entries...

Olympus Pen F - align lens and re-adjust focus mount.  $4.00

50mm Nikkor lens belonging to National Geographic Magazine... Repair
lens mount. $1.00

Mamiya Auto Lux 35 - disassemble & clean auto-diaphragm & meter
assemblies, repair meter linkage, recalibrate meter, reassemble & test.
$ 18.50

Kodak/Kalart belonging to the Royal Canadian Air Force.... Adapt flash
gun to fit camera & make custom cord to fit Kallart connection.  $ 6.50

Macro-Takumar - remount lens barrel in helical mount to repair
customer's attempt at repair.  $3.25.

Argus C3 - realign rangefinder.  $3.50

Contaflex - repair self-timer, overhaul meter, general cleaning.  $8.00

---

Don't we wish we could get repairs at those prices, today?  (And, before
you ask, no, I don't do camera repair any longer!)

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt
Leica Reflex Forum web-page: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/lrflex.htm