[LRflex] Adaptall mount lenses

  • From: Alan Siegle <alansiegle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 10:37:38 -0800 (PST)

Juan,

The Dealer that I bought my DMR & R9 from also had a
Tamron Adaptall R-4 mount, he tried it on a R8 and it
fit without hitting the ROM contacts. So I'm waiting
for my new TOOL to arrive on Monday.

I ordered an extra battery for the DMR but Leica is
out of stock, so I tried another source. A company
Digital Camera Battery makes a great battery with
product specific cables to power cameras, laptops,
flashes, etc. Unfortunately, they don't list one for
the Leica/DMR, so I emailed them but they have not
replied. My Leica Dealer also contacted them, he is
also waiting for a reply. If DMR owners or want-a-bees
are interested in an auxiliary battery that will last
all day +, email Digital Camera Battery in Florida. If
they see that there is a market for the Leica cable
maybe they will make them.

The Leica Dealer that sold me my system gave me a
great price and super service. If list members are
interested in a name and contact, send me an email OFF
LIST.

Alan

From: Juan Gea-Banacloche <banacloj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: DMR Question - Adaptall mount
lenses
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:53:34 -0500

Alan,
I am checking it as I write: it is an adaptall 2 for
R4. It
explicitly says it cannot be used with the R3 or the
Leicaflex/SL/
SL2. The mount itself only says L/R.
For mounting and unmounting it on the lens I just
follow the
instructions: align green dots and turn clockwise. The
coupling key
of the mount typically slides into the matching slot
on the lens
aperture ring. No problem mounting the lens on the
(very early) R8.

Juan

alansiegle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

View my photographs by visiting my Homepage at-
http://homepage.mac.com/alansiegle