[LRflex] Re: Action shot...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 08:27:46 -0700

On Jun 27, 2008, at 7:59 AM, David Young wrote:

It takes courage, strength and skill, to get on the bare back of a bull, who doesn't want you there, and try to ride him for 8 seconds. I

But, I think it takes a lot more courage for a 12 year old boy to get on a steer, and try to stay on for the same 8 seconds.

Most don't make it ... but they give it one helluva try...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/steer.htm

that's a very neat shot David, and I see a lot of adults in the background enjoying it...

but I must ask you about it...

It appears that fractures, including the neck, or the skull are a real risk, and even if not likely, certainly must occur from time to time...

how often is a child badly hurt....when this occurs who is legally responsible ?

We have child legal protection for abuses of all sorts, parental , labor...so what does the law say about it?

Adults can make an adult legal decision whether to risk their necks..how about the kids?

Steve

Comments, criticism appreciated, as always.