[LRflex] AW: Re: [Leica] Question to the DMR users, a intermittent problem...

  • From: "pwerner@xxxxxxxxxx" <pwerner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:32:56 +0000 (GMT)

Gene,
I had the same symptoms, it was not the DMR but the electronics of the R8 that
need to be updated. I had to send body
and DMR to Solms, although I now heard it can be done in some countries
directly. It is dupposed to be a simple
exchange of a printed circuit board of the R8.
Hope this helps
Peter

a while the unit will not cock the shutter. I can remove the power unit and
cock the R8 manually and it then works for
a while.  Then I have to cock it manually to get it working again.  I can
manually cock the shutter and it works every
time.  The battery display shows full charge, and trying to charge the
batteries, they charge only for a short time,
which is what I expect if they are indeed charged.  A couple of times it
sounded like a sluggish wind, so I tried to
charge them, but as I said they appear to be fully charged.  The digital
section seems to work just fine every time, so
no complaints there, and the images are very nice.  At this point I am thinking
a connection problem, but very
strange.  Have any of you run into this problem or heard of any one that has
had it?