[LRflex] Re: AN INCREDIBLE TRIBUTE.. >Ted & Phililppe

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 14:00:06 -0700

Thank you, Phillippe, for posting this. I was about to ask Ted's permission to
do so, when your post arrived!

A better copy of the image associated with this tribute can be seen by clicking
on the HOME link, at the top right of the page.

For those who like to put a face to a name and who may not have yet met/seen
Dr. Ted, here is my favourite image of him. It is a few years old, now, but he
hasn't changed that much.

He is in conversation with Henning Wulff, a mutual friend, and the image brings
to mind one of Ted's great teaching.  That we hear with our ears, but we listen
with our eyes.

Never waste your photons on someone who is talking ... shoot when they are
listening... and absorbed in the conversation.  It doesn't hurt to shoot from
the shadow side, either.

The tribute, Ted, is both well written, and well deserved. It should be
required reading for everyone on this list.

Best to you both!

David.