[LRflex] Re: A walk around the block to buy some stamps

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:17:53 -0700

Douglas Sharp wrote:

> Well, the intention was to buy some stamps. The weather was halfways
> decenttoo, so I took the trusty 20D out for a walk.
> Past the red tree on the corner
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Ships-and-Boats/MG_3109_edited_2
> Stopped to watch a passing barge
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Ships-and-Boats/MG_3102_edited_1
> Stopped to snap another urban mystery - they turn up all over the place,
> but I've never seen anyone pushing one around the streets
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Ships-and-Boats/MG_3099_edited_1
> Stopped on the bridge to watch a 90Metre barge full of scrap metal
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Ships-and-Boats/MG_3097
> By which time it was 12.31 and the post office closed for lunch at
> 12.30, damn and blast!!
> So back along the canal walk, and stop to watch another barge
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Ships-and-Boats/MG_3105_edited_2
> Past the weeping willows
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Ships-and-Boats/MG_3107_edited_2
> and the yellow tree
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Ships-and-Boats/MG_3106_edited_2
> past the kitchen window
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Ships-and-Boats/MG_3110_edited_2
>
> and there I was, home again - without my stamps - 10 minutes later it
> started raining - A wasted walk?
> Cheers
> Douglas

Good Mornin' Douglas!

Certainly an interesting walk!  All the photos are good, as usual.
However, the light on the passing barge

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Ships-and-Boats/MG_3102_edited_1

takes it considerably above the ordinary. Very nicely done! (Sorry about
your stamps!)

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt