[LRFlex] A something-or-other...

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:01:30 -0700

All:

I offer here, your basic 'grab shot'.  I was walking to beach, in the hope of
finding an Eagle, or Heron or, well, anything interesting; when a small bird
alighted on a nearby branch.   I spun around, aimed and fired.

It's amazing how well a 1280mm (effective f/l) lens can be held with that
shoulder stock!  Mind you, ISO1600 in broad daylight makes for reasonably fast
shutter speeds, even if the Telyt 400 + 2x converter combo makes for a
dazzlingly fast f12.6 wide open.

The unidentified beast (haven't found the bird book, since we moved!) can be
seen by going to www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr and clicking on "Featured Photo".

As always, comments, criticism appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

David.

David Young,
Logan Lake, BC