[LRflex] Re: A sad news for Flexers

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 00:03:22 +0100

I still have a whole range of Leica SLRs that get taken out for a walk every now and again,. My favourites are the SL2Mot (thanks again Doug for helping me get it fully operational again) and my R7 - both motorised and usually with a 21 or a 28mm on the front.

Unfortunately they are taking a bit of a back seat since I recently found a reasonably priced Rollei 3003 (LOVE IT!! - it's so different). Getting slides and negative films developed is still quite cheap and fast in Germany, so as long as film is there I'll keep using it alongside my trusty Canon 300D and 20D.
Douglas

FLAVIO GORI wrote:
i use an R4s since 1984 with 35 curtagon, 60 macro elmarit and 180 apo-telyt. i concur that outfit will outlive me and maybe will get higher value from now on. i do not think to sell it in any way and, strange enough, my wife agree... we alll love Leica (she use a leica mini beside a nikon coolpix)

btw: i have 9 kodachrome 64 asa in the freezer. its time to give it a try!

fg

2009/3/5 wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

    Michiel Fokkema wrote:

    Same for me. I have a R6 and R8 with loads of  lenses. I'm pretty sure
    at least the R6 will outlive me.

    JOACHIM KAHATOWSKY wrote:
    > I have a great R4 with a couple of lenses.  As long as they keep
    > producing film, this camera will last longer than I wiil.  I
    just cannot
    > and will not give it up.
    >

    > Joachim
    <<<<

    I recently had DAG CLA my de-panda'ed silver chrome Leicaflex SL.  For
    sensory feedback it's easily my favorite camera.  I have more SL
    bodies
    than I need now but I'd have a hard time parting with any of them.
     As long
    as there's film and either DAG or Sherry Krauter I'll be using a Leica
    reflex, R10 or no.

    Doug Herr
    Birdman of Sacramento
    http://www.wildlightphoto.com

FLAVIO GORI
http://www.loscrittoio.it
LoScrittoio.it - Edizioni in Rete

http://flaviogori.googlepages.com/home

Pictures: http://web.mac.com/fgori
               http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/iKlee/

Skype: flaviogori

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error please send it back to the person that sent it to you. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email and its associated attachments is strictly prohibited.