[LRflex] Re: A sad news for Flexers

  • From: Chris L <speleo_karst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 03:10:25 -0800 (PST)

________________________________
From: Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2009 10:56:45 AM
Subject: [LRflex] A sad news for Flexers

I got this e-mail from Leica forum:

After the good news regarding the LEICA M8 Firmware, not so positive news about
the Leica R-system in this newsletter issue:
Leica yesterday informed their sales agencies and dealers, that Leica has no
more stock of Leica R9 cameras and Leica R Lenses. A new production is not
planned either.
Leica also writes that they are working hard "on making a generation change
possible for the current R-System", for this the knowledge gained through the
development of the LEICA S2 has helped tremendously.
This fits into the Leica's and Dr. Kaufmann's commitment to a digital R camera
during the photokina.
In this moment I have no clue what this means for the Leica R photographers
among us. But I'll keep on pestering my contact persons with questions in order
to keep you up to date.
Discuss this topic in this thread.
The good news:

Sh Photo has acquired the whole remaining stock of Leica R cameras and lenses
from Leica Camera AG and offers it in their online shop.
Here it is:
The last chance to acquire new R9 cameras and lenses!
Order now, stock is limited!

 Oh great!!  I absolutely hate SHP/Arsenal....

Hope this really is a bad rumour, as it bodes ill to any future R10.