[LRflex] A sad news for Flexers

  • From: Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:56:45 +0100

I got this e-mail from Leica forum:

After the good news regarding the LEICA M8 Firmware, not so positive news
about the Leica R-system in this newsletter issue:
Leica yesterday informed their sales agencies and dealers, that *Leica has
no more stock of Leica R9 cameras and Leica R Lenses. A new production is
not planned either.
*Leica also writes that they are working hard "on making a generation change
possible for the current R-System", for this the knowledge gained through
the development of the LEICA S2 has helped tremendously.
This fits into the Leica's and Dr. Kaufmann's commitment to a digital R
camera during the photokina.
In this moment I have no clue what this means for the Leica R photographers
among us. But I'll keep on pestering my contact persons with questions in
order to keep you up to date.
Discuss this topic in this thread.
The good news:

Sh Photo has acquired the whole remaining stock of Leica R cameras and
lenses from Leica Camera AG and offers it in their online shop.
Here it is:
The last chance to acquire new R9 cameras and lenses!
Order now, stock is limited!

Best regards from Bonn
Andreas Jürgensen
Leica Forum | Forum Advertising | Member Gallery | Buy & Sell | Leica Wiki