[LRFlex] A question for Canadians on this list.

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:35:15 -0800

Hi Aram!

I saw your 24mm comparisons whilst on the road. Interesting, and very well done, I might add!

Sadly, for me, I've too busy house hunting (but successful!) and now will be with moving. Even so, I'll be around a bit more, for the next few weeks.

Unfortunately, now we must pack up and prepare to move in late April! :-( Even more unfortunate, is that I expect to be busy enough to not have time to do much photography over the next 3 months. However, after that, watch out! I'm moving into an area which is just teaming with wildlife, and I hope to capture much of it on film (or, at least, electrons, for I see a LeiCanon in my future!).

I did look at the EOS 1Ds Mk II, only to find that at a body price of CAD$9999, I could move into a DM-R for less! Admittedly, it's not full frame, and has more pixels, but it's still not exactly a cheap body!

I was saddened to find that Kamloops (the nearest large town to Logan Lake) has not even got a poor camera shop. Apparently they do not take photos in Kamloops! There was a huge store with western horse saddles stacked 4 high, by 20 long by 6 rows - each at CAD$3000 to $12,000, so we know what they DO do there!

Can any Canuck here recommend a good, mail order photo shop?

Thanks.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm