[LRflex] A good day ... Parts 2 & 3.

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 07:55:09 -0800

Good Morning, all!

Thank you, to all who commented/complimented on my getting my first cover shot.

However, that was not the only good news for the day.

Our local Photo Club will host a Canada-wide, nationally sanctioned, nature photo competition (about 100 camera clubs will be represented) in March. Yesterday I was asked to be one of the judges. That made me quite pleased. :-)

But, for me, the best came last. Many here will remember my posting a couple of shots, last August, of a singer - Kaycee Clanton, who performed Janis Joplin songs, with Big Brother and the Holding Company. At that time, I wrote:

for most people, including myself, the hit of the show was Big Brother and the Holding Company... the 1960's, San Francisco Blues/Rock Band fronted by the legendary Janis Joplin from 1966 to 1968.

Like many bands, they broke up after they lost Janis, then reformed, only to break up again. They have now been playing steadily, with some success, since 1987, but have recently roared back with the addition of Kacee Clanton, a young singer who has Janis' moves down pat, and whose voice is a dead-ringer (pardon the expression) for Janis'. Kacee brought the 10,000 strong crowd to its feet!

I had posted the shot in a private directory, with the URL posted only here. I have been unable to find it via Google. So, you can imagine my surprise, on returning home from our holiday, to find an email from Kaycee waiting for me! She simply said:

I just found a photo on-line that you took of me singing with BBHC in Salmon Arm (I think) over the summer of '08. It's a great shot. Just wanted to see if it's okay to post it on my MySpace page.

Kacee

The photo she liked, is here:  http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/BBHC-2.htm

So, I'm feeling pretty good.... with a first cover and then this, yesterday was, indeed, a good day.