[LRflex] A few arches

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:44:20 -0800

WARNING – all rocks……

One of the main “goals” of this trip was to see some arches.   I had always
wanted to do so, and never thought I would.  Thanks to my father-in-law’s
desire to see them, my wife was convinced.  Here are a few that we saw in
Arches National Park.
There are quite a few more, but for most the lighting was not that great
when we got to them, or we could not hike to them w/o leaving my 86 year old
father-in-law behind for too long.  Even though he said to go ahead, my wife
felt guilty.

Broken Arch:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/fall08/283_Broken_Arch-9443.jpg.html
                   http://tinyurl.com/6ka6av

Sandstone Arch:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/fall08/277_Sandstone_arch-9428.jpg.htm
                     http://tinyurl.com/6drr9y

Delicate Arch:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/fall08/270_Delicate_Arch-9408.jpg.html

                       http://tinyurl.com/6boheb

Double arch – one of my favorite:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/fall08/264_Double_Arch_evening-9370.jp
g.html
                         http://tinyurl.com/6fyv7n

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/fall08/269_Double_Arch_AM-9405.jpg.htm
                        http://tinyurl.com/5c3m54

Through Turret Arch looking at Windows:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/fall08/261_arches-9352.jpg.html

                    http://tinyurl.com/5wb4xv

And a lesser known park – Natural Bridges National Monument – has three very
nice arches in it, every bit as good as the ones we saw at Arches National
Park.

Owachomo Bridge:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/fall08/223_Owachomo_Bridge-9251.jpg.ht
ml
       http://tinyurl.com/58oe5r

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/fall08/224_Owachomo_Bridge-9252.jpg.ht
ml
      http://tinyurl.com/6jvgqh

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/fall08/226_Owachomo_Bridge-9261.jpg.ht
ml
       http://tinyurl.com/576hpn

Most were taken with a 17-70 Sigma on my Rebel, as I do not have a Leica
lens wide enough for the 1.6 crop factor of the Rebel XTi.

Comments welcome.

Aram

Checked by AVG.
2:14 PM