[LRflex] Re: A bit of colour

  • From: "walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 08:43:12 +0800

Steve

The colour and 3d effect stands out due to the Leica lenses and the design of
the
sensor. Luis from Sigmacumlauder maintains that they work in unison to achieve
this
result.

I have monitored a few of his conversion kits listed on Ebay and the question
has
come up whether these kits will work on the SD1 and Luis replied that he is
almost
certain they will but is unable to confirm until he can get hold of the new
Camera.

As far as the SD1 is concerned the latest information I can find on the web is
that
Sigma is still saying it will ship in February.  Others are leaking speculation
the
price will be around US $1500 body only.

Walter

On Wed Jan 19  1:21 , Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx> sent:

>On Jan 18, 2011, at 9:15 AM, William B. Abbott III wrote:
>
>> Walter,
>>
>> This picture has, to my eye, the coloration and three-dimensional look of
>> Leica
photos that I am used to seeing. Amazing on my monitor. Makes me want to run
out
and find a Sigma camera body!

>a wonderful image Walter...  I agree with Bill...I want to consider the Sigma
>SD1
with a leica R mount, please keep us posted on its whereabouts,