[LRflex] Re: A Modern Day "Ben Hur"

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 06:41:51 -0700

Ted Grant wrote:

David Young showed: What can be done with manual focus, a great eye hand reaction coordination to the action! Not only that but recognizing what the hell light is all about!

Subject: A Modern Day "Ben Hur"

NOTE to Keith Longmore.... have a look at some real good picture taking at a fall fair! And see how it's done well. Without any excuses!..............

devastated, 2 years ago by a massive forest fire.  They lost their
lumber mill, which was the main source of employment in the town, but
they have not lost their spirit.

>>Something I've not seen before was "Pony Chariot Racing" ... really
great fun and very fast!

>>But shooting these guys made me really wish I had an AF lens...
manual focus on chariots running at 30kph is not an easy task!<<<<<<
Technical:  LeiCanon w/80~200 Vario Elmar at ISO 1250.<<<<<<<

>>>The first chariot was sponsored by a firm with the uniquely Canadian
>>>name of "Git R Done Contracting".
>>>http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/chariot.htm

>>>A great way to lose your hat!
>>>http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/chariot_2.htm

>>>One heat was even a team event...  this one is a father/daughter duo.
>>>http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/chariot_3.htm<<<<<<<<<<<

Well David, auto focus or not these are right on the mark perfect!
Good action, excellent use of the light... SHOOTING FROM THE SHADOW SIDE!!!

And shooting subjects worth taking pictures of with meaningful content.
Good on you mon ami!

ted

Thanks, Ted.  You've made my day!

With luck, a few more rodeo shots will follow, soon.