[LRflex] Re: A Modern Day "Ben Hur"

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 22:53:03 -0400

David Young wrote:
Good morning, all!

Rose and I spent yesterday at the Barriere Fall Fair & Rodeo. Barriere is a small town of about 2000 souls, which was devastated, 2 years ago by a massive forest fire. They lost their lumber mill, which was the main source of employment in the town, but they have not lost their spirit.

I've been to many a rodeo, but never one as well organized and entertaining as this one.

Something I've not seen before was "Pony Chariot Racing" ... really great fun and very fast!

But shooting these guys made me really wish I had an AF lens... manual focus on chariots running at 30kph is not an easy task!

Dave,
  Lack of AF doesn't seem to have hurt these shots at all.
I can see this event escalating.  Charlton Heston once described his
value in Hollywood as being the only actor there who could drive a
10 horse chariot. :-)

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
 one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein