[LRFlex] Re: A Greek still life (with flowers )

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:53:49 -0700

Very nice. Great exposure. I personally like the full frame. The cropped version, while showing off the flower more, it leaves me wondering about the glass vase. My first thought when I saw the blue bands is rubber bands around the glass. I knew that was wrong, but that is what it made me think. I think the full frame printed very large would be best. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Aram

From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <douglasmsharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: LeicaReflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] A Greek still life (with flowers )
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:23:11 +0200

Carrying on the latest trend of posting flowers (I think we now post
more flowers than Interflora).

A small still life in Greek national colours, Kalimera Peter K. and all
you Hellenophiles out there.

German Flowers stolen fresh this morning from the next door neighbour's
garden (they're on holiday in Greece and we're house sitting), and the
glass isn't Greek either, possibly Danish.

I admit to having done quite a bit of Photoshopping on this one.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/MG_1382_edited_5
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/MG_1382_crop2

Comments please, should I leave it full frame or is the crop more effective?

Douglas

   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm