[LRflex] A Friday Find...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 07:04:13 -0700

We've all heard the stories of finding an old, but good condition Leica at a
flea market or garage sale, for $25.00.  But such stories always happen to
someone else ... never us. Have you noticed that?

Well, this story is not quite that good, but it comes close!

(No, this is NOT an April Fools Day story ... I've already been suckered in by
one of those, thank you!)

Last Friday, Rose and I headed into Kamloops, to pick up my car, from the
repair shop and we took a friend with us.

Because he is on a disability pension, we took him to several of the thrift
stores where he regularly shops.

While I was waiting for him to buy some jeans I wandered around, and spotted
some gadget bags hanging on the end of a clothing rack.  None were suitable,
but underneath them were a number of old Vivitar, Hanimex & similar low grade,
film, P&S cameras.  A common sight in such stores and all in the $3 to $5
range.

Tucked among them was a gem.  Because there are photos, the rest of the story
is here:

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/FT-QL.html

David.

is active.