[LRFlex] A Contest!

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:36:01 -0700

Hi!

Some time ago, there was a movie about returning favours. The theory was that when someone does something nice for you, instead of repaying them, you do something nice for someone else. The theory was called "paying it forward".

Recently, a friend gifted me with a very nice, right angle finder that fits both my R8 and SL!

So I thought I'd pay the favour 'forward'.

You see, I already own a 90 degree finder. It's a no-brand model, made to fit another camera and adapted by me to fit the R4 through R9 Leicas. But, it's lightweight and has a focusing eyepiece. It is in somewhat better than 'user' condition and has only two faults. [1] There is some barrel distortion at the outer edges of the field (this, of course, only affects the view in the finder, not the photos) and [2] the rather crude, home made clip that lets it fit the R series eyepiece. OTOH, the full field can be seen and the camera is easily focused when using it.

To enter, you must agree to abide by the rules, which are:

  1) that you do not already own a 90 degree finder.

  2) that you wish it for your own use.  (If, after using it, it's not to
     your liking you may 'pay in forward', but not sell it.)

  3) that you are an LRFlex list member.

  4) that the judges decision is final.  BTW: I am the judge!

To win, you must simply come up with the best reason as to why *you* deserve to have it!

Deadline for submissions is 24h00 (Midnight), Pacific Daylight Time, this coming Friday, September 3rd.

The winner will receive this fine, used, 90 degree finder, via prepaid, surface post. Remember, your chances are better than 1 in 100 for we have just under 100 members. Hey! That's better chances than the lottery and they don't give away free tickets!

Hmmmm... this should be an interesting test to see who's actually reading!  :)

Cheers!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm