[LRflex] Re: 80-200, first photos

  • From: Thomas Schofield <tdschofield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:22:04 -0700 (PDT)

We had a Golden Retriever pup, who one December morning got hit by a car on the
ONE time he followed his father off the property on one of his binges.  Didn't
get two blocks away. Just didn't have that street-savy wanderlust gene that his
father had.  $400 in, the vet stabilized him and saved his life, but then told
us he needed a plate to tie together the three pieces his shoulder blade was in
, if we were to have a dog that walked on all fours.  That would bring it to
$1200 in 1986 $$.  Our 13 year old son sobbed, "We'd rather have our pupply
fixed than a bunch of Christmas presents!"  The day after the surgery that
changed to "Really fair to take it out of our presents!"    A true adolescent!

Max had a long life, other than  limping for a couple of weeks during the
occasional flare up when the seasons changed or he jumped on it the wrong way.
Never strayed off the property again.  It's a scary world out there.

The travelling veterinary orthopaedic surgeon had a great deal going.  Did all
the surgeries in the treating vets office.  Carried his tools in duffle bags in
the trunk of his car.  Had a deal with one Vet hospital to sterilize his tools
in exchange for services.  Took cash up front before the surgery.  Follow-up
was by the treating Vet.  No overhead besides a full sized car with a big
trunk.  No employees.  No accounts receivable.

Tom
Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Doug Herr offered:
Subject: [LRflex] Re: 80-200, first photos