[LRflex] Re: 8 Seconds....

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 10:00:21 -0700

Charlie wrote:

>David,
>     That's an amazing sequence.  The more I look at them, the more I see.
>Each one stands by itself as a strong graphic image, but the sequence
>allows you to pick up on the physical dynamics of who is doing what to
>whom,
>and the human dynamics of how everybody is reacting, their faces.
>     The bulls owes his excellent skills at the manipulation of the
>mass of the rider to his ancestors' practice throwing saber-toothed
>cats. :-)
>     In the last frame you can see the bull mentally sizing up the
>rider's butt for sending in the general direction of the moon with
>his horns and head.
>     Wonderful stuff, thanks for posting them.
>
>--
>   Charlie Falke

I like Rodoes... beside being fun to watch, they are what the
military men call a "target rich" environment.

With wildlife work, as Doug can attest, you can spend week, months &
sometimes years, looking for the right shot of a certain animal or bird.

However, at a rodeo, you must still keep your wits about you, as
things happen remarkably fast!

Thanks, Charlie, for your kind words and for taking the time to look.

Cheers!
David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, BC,  Canada

Wildlife & Sports: www.furnfeather.net