[LRflex] Re: 75-200

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 00:35:24 +0200

I read somewhere that you can soften up the lubricants by wrapping a lens in a warm towel for a while - I'm not sure whether this works - anyone else with any experience in this direction?

On the other hand, I had the opposite issue with a Tamron zoom that got stiffer through expansion in hot weather.

Cheers
Douglas

wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Miha Golobic wrote:

I suspect it hasn't been used at all! I have been exercising the lens, but
my hand started to hurt (I'm not kidding) It has smooth focus when set to
200, but very stiff at 75mm, and the zooming from 75 to 200mm is very stiff
(and uneven) too, especially when the distance is set to about 5m, less whet
at infinity.
<<<

Probably a stiff lubricant from age and lack of use.  The zooming will
never be as smooth as the 80-200 f/4 but it should be easy to move.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

begin:vcard
fn:Douglas M. Sharp
n:Sharp;Douglas M.
org:30629 Hannover, Germany;Annette-Kolb-Strasse 29
email;internet:Douglas.Sharp@xxxxxx
title:G2E Translations
tel;work:0049 0511 9585565
version:2.1