[LRflex] Re: 560 telyt 6.8 R8?

  • From: Wing Goodale Gmail <wing.goodale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 07:29:46 -0400

Thank you all very much for the input. It is great to know that the
lens is best used wide open.

I plan on shooting surfing and wildlife. I prefer to shoot with iso
100 film although I could see shooting with Tri-X. I develop and scan
at home.

I am interested in the lens becaue they are relativley light and would
appear to be designed to shoot hand held.

Are they as fast to focus a I have read?

In a former life I was weighed down with a Tamron 300 2.8 and an Eos1.
What I found was it was so big and heavy that I stopped shooting. I
sold it all and bought a lousy digital point and shoot.

Now many years later I find myself shooting Leica M and R digital and
film  BUT I am just loving film.

Anyway that is my story. As you know I am new to the forum and I
really appreciate all your input about the 400 and 560. I think I may
pull the trigger.

Wing