[LRflex] Re: 560 telyt 6.8 R8?

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:57:08 -0700

At 11:46 AM 25/07/2010, you wrote:

>I am looking to buy a telyt 560 6.8. The seller tells me that the lens
>by definition do not have cams becaue they do not have autoindexing.
>Is this true. Will the lens work on an R8. If do would aperature
>priority work?
>
>Thank you very much for any feedback you might have.

The seller is correct.. no cams, as it is a pre-set diaphragm.  No
auto aperture.

However, both the 400 & 560 f6.8 Telyts work in aperture priority,
but with stop-down metering.  So, your finder will get darker,
as  you close the aperture.

This is usually not a problem, as the lenses are not particularly
fast, so you won't want to close them very far, and because they are
designed to be used wide open.

I've used my Telyt 400 f6.8 on my R5, R6, R8, R9, as well as assorted
Canon and Olympus cameras (with adapters) and it works beautifully on them all.

Cheers!

David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, BC,  Canada

Wildlife & Sports: www.furnfeather.net