[LRflex] Re: 400 6.8 extenders

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 19:42:40 -0700 (PDT)

Wing,
  I recommend very fast film or very high iso settings :-). Further, if you are
using an Æ?6.8 lens via an adapter on a dSLR: Of even more import may be
inheriting freakishly abnormal vision from your parental units.  Cuz.. Well...
wide open your working aperture is going to be within spitting distance of Æ?16
with a 2x telconverter - Æ?11 with a 1.4x model. There are others here who can
give more practical advice on the optical merits and realities, but I was
shooting with my 50 f2 Summicron at a setting of Æ?8 in screaming sunlight
yesterday on my EOS 20D and let me tell you, it was starting to get more than a
touch dim. Started to remind me of my View Camera adventures :-).
Don't forget to share any interesting images you come up with!

My beach shots are still in the camera and I ain't with my equipment to process
them yet.
If I didn't punt anything while I was shooting, I might have a cool shot or two
to share soon.

Richard in Michigan

"There is a joy in taking photographs that will always be there, it is the joy
of looking, of capturing that fraction of a second, it is the photographic
shot,
the intuitive shot..." (Henri Cartier-Bresson)

â??No man hath given his child anything better than good manners.â??
- Prophet Muhammad (570-632)