[LRflex] Re: 40 D on the way

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 23:28:47 +0200

Xavier,
to be quite honest I would like an R7 sized Leica DSLR too :-) , the R8/9 may be wonderfully ergonomic, but I don't like the size, particularly not when a DMR is stuck on the back. I personally think that the R10D will be something of a retro-design in this respect - let's look forward to the R7 digital upgrade!
Best from Hannover
Douglas

Bille Xavier F. wrote:
Douglas,

I've read the review on Photo.net.

The 40D is going to be a great camera. But the ergonomy is not matching the Digilux 3, so far on paper.

Yes, I'm fond of that Digilux :)

But I'm fond of my R7,hmmm, against a Nikon F5, well....

The M8 is really a great camera, sorry, I should not say that here, but, it's an opinion.
---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,  leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] 40 D on the way
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 16:57:03 +0200

Going to be shown at the IFA in Berlin at the beginning of September
Canon 40D - not full frame, 10 MB, 6.5 fps, 9 sensor AF and automatic sensor cleaning, live view
Around 1300 Euro.
The EOS 1 Ds Mark III full frame CMOS 21 mp is going for only 8000 Euros or so :-)
Douglas