[LRflex] 250 Telyt

  • From: KEITH LONGMORE <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 16:51:24 +0100

Well, folks, my Telyt was returned to me today.  The fault was rather
strange: the sheet metal lever that engages the lever in the camera
would only engage at minimum aperture.  It was too thin to engage with
any reliability at any other aperture, and would just 'let go' without
any warning.  So far as I can tell, this lens was originally supposed to
fit an SL or SL2; I was under the impression that it should be
compatible with the R-E.  The repair man has modified the lever, and now
it works, but does anyone know why it should need to be modified to
fit?  My 80-200 Vario Elmar is older still, and that works perfectly.
At least I can use it with a little more confidence (less trepidation?) now.
Regards
Keith Longmore