[LRFlex] Re: 20D Question

  • From: Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:06:48 -0800

on 2/13/05 9:50 AM, NATSTEK@xxxxxxx at NATSTEK@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Does anyone have access to some of the older wide angle, (ie., 24mm, 28mm)
> and tele, (135mm & up), such as the T-4 & TX mount Vivitars, Soligors &
> Ansanuma
> (Tamron) lenses from the late 60's,70's & early 80's? These mounts pre-dated
> the Tamron adaptall & adaptall2 lenses, but I found that they were quite good
> for their time.
>
> They may do a fair-to-good job on digital bodies.
>
> Any thoughts on this? The lenses are extremely cheap and still relatively
> easy to find.
>
> Art Tafil

Art I think you might be onto something.  An interchangable-mount lens has
to have enough mirror clearance for the worst-case scenario so the distance
from the exit pupil to the sensor will be relatively long, a Good Thing for
digital performance.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com