[LRFlex] Re: 20D Question

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:59:10 -0800

Charles Cason asked:

I have another question and this may be the dumbest of the all. Situation: my wife is an artist. When she enters a juried show, she must submit color slides of her paintings. If I switch to digital, I was planning on selling all of my R bodies. Is there any way that you can transfer a digital image to a positive film negative? I told you it was dumb?

Charles mon ami,
Sure you can get slides made from a digital image... but you better be working with a pro-lab experienced in doing so!

Will it look like it was shot on 100 ASA film? Not likely! With any kind of luck, maybe! ;-) However, it might be damn close. We shall see shortly.

I'm having tests of digital images to 35mm slides done this week for an up-coming lecture series and will be able to give you real life situations rather than theory! I've heard good and bad, but I want to see for myself how good, bad or ugly they screen. Will let you know.

ted

   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm