[LRFlex] Re: 20D?

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:05:18 +0100

David,

you got me worried at first, I just took a look at the link, it is actually not a very recent update. This software update was, IIRC; around in November or December of last year.This version, 1.1.0, is probably already installed in most 20Ds.

It actually does correct a problem that sometimes turned up at ISO 1600 and 3200, I had it on a couple of shots taken in a museum mine in the Harz mountains, probably the only time I ever used the built-in flash and high speeds. As it was the shots were rubbish anyway, to get what I wanted I should have had a bank of Metz artillery with GN of at least 60.

BTW the EOS 350D has already been featured in the German press, a reduced
size, 8.0 megapixels, pentamirror with all (as far as I can tell) the functions of the 20D (including custom functions) The pentamirror is reported to be brighter than that of its predecessor 300D. List price is
900 euros (body) and 1000 euros with the EF-S 18-55 lens (which is an excellent lens for the price) The sensor size has been reduced by a couple of mm in each direction to allow Canon to reduce the size of the body, which also accounts for the loss of 0.2 mp. it weighs in at 485g, even lighter than the 300, which makes me suspect that the bodywork may be plastic although this wasn't mentioned in the article.
Douglas

   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm