[LRflex] Re: 180 Telyt APO on the D700

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:42:58 -0700

thanks Howard...more later,

Steve

From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: More Jet Foil pictures taken with the 180 Telyt APO on th
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 07:34:06 -0700

wonderful Howard... I take it that you love this combo...

as I understand...

focussing, no problem ?

The focus confirmation helps but the arrows in the view finder are backward because Leica lenses turn the opposite way to Nikons. Once you remember this focus is fast and you can see well enough up to f8.0 in bright light.

and no exposure probems as you close down ?

None. As you close down stop by stop the speed compensates stop by stop. Best Modus Operandi is to use auto ISO and set a minimum shutter speed of 1/200 or 1/250

Steve

Sorry for late reply. I only get the digest.
Cheers
Howard