Re: some photos of Paris...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 20:07:18 -0700

On Jun 3, 2006, at 7:36 PM, Carl Socolow wrote:

Steve,

I really liked your "Spring" picture with the little girl running with the
flowers. What appealed to me, besides the framing, was her being blurred.
Also, the form of her body and her state-of-being are really well- presented.
If I were to believe that as a work of art, rather than a factual document,
we have it within our purview to lets say modify reality (which I do and
which I practice) then I might lose the leaves reaching up to meet her hand
so that her figure is more defined. On the other hand it makes a nice visual
pun that she's carrying flowers and there's a flower reaching out to grab
her. I could go either way on this.

Also, in which cemetery is Francois Truffaut?

Cimetiere Montmartre....

Montparnasse or Pere Lachaise?
We finally got to Montparnasse last year (while walking back to the 6th from
Fondation Cartier-Bresson) and my wife and I really enjoyed it. Pere
Lachaise is just so freaking huge although nonetheless enthralling.

thanks Carl... do Montmartre sometime....Steve

Carl Socolow