Re: Which would be your choice?

  • From: "R. Clayton McKee" <leica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 23:06:45 -0500

Quoth the David Young :

> I need to submit one photo of barrel racing, to the Picture BC
> people...

> Which would  be your choice?  And why?

Gotta be #3.

1 is good on the horse but I can't see the rider's face and for me
that kills it.

2 is also good on the horse but the rider's posture is so out of
whack I can't imagine she did well, and it destroys the impact of the
photo - she's not working with the horse, she's going against it.

3 is all that's left.  You clipped the horse's tail a little and it
could use a little less DOF, for my money, just to make it pop, but
it's still a very nice shot and definitely the class entry of this
set.

Unless, of course, I'm wrong.  Which has never happened before.
Ever.  Really.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@xxxxxxxxxxx