Was: New Image. Now: 40D vs 5D.

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:49:49 -0800

Dave Saalsaa wrote:

David,
I think your reasoning is sound. Maybe because I am using the same reasoning in replacing my 20D with the 40D. ;-) From what I can gather in reading test reports, the 40D is a good performer and significantly better in terms of the viewfinder and sensor noise. I am staying with the APS sensor camera because it does allow me to use my Leica glass to good advantage. I have the very excellent Tokina 12-24 when I need wide lens. So I think the 40 D makes a very good option for you at the least cost.

Dave

Hi Dave!

I think you "hit the nail on the head" when you added the words "at least cost".

Cheers!
---

David Young,
Logan Lake, CANADA