Re: Munching out

  • From: Mark Bohrer <markb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 17:39:22 -0700

Roger, Steve, Ric, Douglas:
Thanks for your comments. That image was the best of the series - most of the 15 or so others had the robin without a berry in its bill.

No stuffed robins here. When you find an animal intent on its food, it's more tolerant of your approach, especially if you're wearing dark clothing and moving very slowly.

A 500mm lens plus 1.4X on a tripod helped too. I probably got within 20 feet.

***********

Roger, welcome back. I picked up an M8 around Christmastime, and use it for maybe three-quarters of my shooting. Of my recent Kiss Me Kate community theater production shots, half the ones chosen by the producer were captured with the M8 and either 50mm f/1.4 non-ASPH Summilux or 25mm f/2.8 Biogon T* ZM.

She later chose a Noctilux image to display for a show with the understudy for Kate.

You'll discover M8 shots are nearly ready to go right out of the camera, unlike Canon or Nikon dSLRs. Have fun!

Mark

--
Mark Bohrer
Active Light Photography

Roger Beamon wrote:
Yeah, who're kidding, Mark. That bird was a superb effort on the part of the
taxidermist, and your pod mounted 100mm Elmarit Macro, right?  ;-)

Seriously... great pic. Belongs on the cover of a field guide.

Roger