Re: More Qaanik!

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:53:17 -0700

Mark Bohrer wrote:

The snowy owl series is outstanding - getting that close, the poses with Rose, capturing the gentle behavior - all very nice!

I especially like your headshot of Qaanik for the feather and eye detail. Getting an open-bill shot shows there's a mouth in all those feathers!

Good stuff!

I've never been able to get a satisfying snowy owl shot - this ice-cream scoop with an eyeball is the best I've done:
http://tinyurl.com/2uek64

Hi Mark!

Now an " ice-cream scoop with an eyeball", is not a description I'd think of.. but it fits!

I hate to tell you this, but I scooped a dozen decent shots of Qaanik, in about as many minutes. The best have been posted already, but there are more!

Thanks for your kind words, and for taking the time to write!

Cheers!

---

David Young,
Logan Lake, CANADA