Re: IMG: Berlin

  • From: Mark Bohrer <markbohrer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 18:09:27 -0700

 Nathan:
Amazing how much the former Communist regime memorialized their dead from WW II. They weren't the faceless, totalitarian bullies portrayed in the West - they mourned their dead, but they were exactly sweetness and light either.

I remember well how it felt to wonder if Viet Nam was going to go on long enough to worry about being drafted. They stopped the draft only a couple weeks before I was eligible.

Thanks for a great set of photographs that made me think.

********

The Potsdamer Platz has nice architecture - great geometric shapes. I'm also amazed at all the green everywhere. And such artistic graffiti!

Mark

Mark Bohrer
Active Light Photography
www.activelightphotography.com
Any Product. Any Location. Your Story.

On 9/25/2010 2:17 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
My personal take on the amazing city, last week. I did not go to Brandenburger Tor, nor to the Reichstag, nor to KuDamm...been there, done that. Instead, I explored the former East Berlin, in many ways the most interesting and dynamic part of the city:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/berlin0910/

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain