Re: IMG: A splash of vivid colour - Friday Flower

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 01:49:26 +0200

Thanks Ric,

Using the Cassarit on the Wisteria shot certainly saves a lot of PS processing needed to get the same effect ;-)

Best regards from Hannover
Douglas

Cheers
Douglas

Ric Carter wrote:
that's right much more than a "splash."

especially like the softness of the wisteria.

ric

On May 29, 2009, at 7:26 AM, Douglas Sharp wrote:

I've just been playing around with Canon LTM lenses on Novoflex bellows on my Canon 20D and captured this splash of colour in the garden.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Garden__MG_9586.jpg.html

In contrast, this one is a rather more restful shot of a Wisteria flower taken last week with a very old Steinheil Cassarit: The milky blur was not intentional, the lens seems to capture it like this:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Garden__MG_9474.jpg.html

For the technically minded, it's a set up with plenty of adapters: LTM to M42 on the lens / M42 to CY from the lens to the bellows / CY to EOS from the bellows to the camera.

C+C more than welcome.

Wishing you all a nice long weekend. All the best from a gloriously sunny Hannover
Douglas
<douglas_sharp.vcf>

begin:vcard
fn:Douglas M. Sharp
n:Sharp;Douglas M.
org:30629 Hannover, Germany;Annette-Kolb-Strasse 29
email;internet:Douglas.Sharp@xxxxxx
title:G2E Translations
tel;work:0049 0511 9585565
version:2.1