Re: Friday Flowers, SonC

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:36:51 -0800

Sonny showed:
Subject: Friday Flowers, SonC
A rose in November, (bet you wish you had  smell-a-vision!)
http://www.sonc.com/friday_november_10_2006.htm<<<

Hi Sonny,
Thanks for a "Sunny moment!" ;-)

Certainly on a day such as we have here today.

On occasion living on as big an island as we do, Mother Nature does her thing in strange and "get even ways." I don't think she has any sense of humour whatsoever because we're island bound with all ferries and flights on and off cancelled till further notice! :-(

Our back deck umbrella did a sort of Mary Poppin's flight to the neighbours backyard earlier before I could rescue it and tie it down.

The winds have sent the water between Vancouver Island and the mainland into a fury of waves and high tide warnings.

So to cope with this weather event I figure I'll just stay in the warmth of home as we've got a good supply of Canadian staples well stocked. Beer, beer again, bread, cheese and salted peanuts along with the tele fer entertainment.:-) Oh yes of course the computer and internet.;-)

Not to forget a good supply of single malt scotch for when the beer runs out. ;-) So we're good for a couple of days at least. :-)

However if it continues as a disaster I can give you flight directions from the south and maybe you could arrange for an airdrop of..... no not pretty roses, but a case of beer and more bread! ;-)

I knew I could count on you for assistance to yer northern cousins.:-)

thanks,
ted

PS: And if you come along with the airdrop please do take a few snaps of our house from the air with yer favourite Leica.... digital or other wise! ;-) OH yeah and make sure you shoot in RAW! ;-)

ted