Re: Friday Flower

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 13:30:10 +0200

Gary,

difficult to say from the photo (verrry nice!), but from your description I would say it was an Angels Trumpet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brugmansia

One of the few plants that is packed full of poisons in all of its parts.

Datura is closely related and appears often in the books by Carlos Castenada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DaturaMakes some pretty grim reading

Cheers
Douglas

On 23.07.2010 09:08, Gary Dalton wrote:
I found this flower at Mission San Luis Obispo. You can't tell from this close-up, but the blossom is shaped like a long, slender trumpet, up to 12 inches in length. In bloom, many of these trumpets hang from the bush... Stilll don't know the name of the plant...

http://filmuser3.smugmug.com/Flowers/Flowers/bell-flower-550A/922455565_kvNPS-L.jpg

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail. Get busy. <http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4>
begin:vcard
fn:Douglas M. Sharp
n:Sharp;Douglas M.
org:30629 Hannover, Germany;Annette-Kolb-Strasse 29
email;internet:Douglas.Sharp@xxxxxx
title:G2E Translations
tel;work:0049 0511 9585565
version:2.1