Re: Freshly laundered

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:47:10 -0800

Sonny:
Sounds like an ad in the making - "takes a licking and keeps on... storing." Or maybe charging? Nawww... ;^)

Solid-state electronics are amazingly durable. Li-Ion batteries need to be well-sealed and environmentally protected because of the explosion risk if they're over-charged, so they're usually pretty hardy too.

Mark Bohrer
Wildlife Photography on the Urban Edge
www.mountain-and-desert.com

At 01:51 PM 11/12/2007, you wrote:
So, this morning, I took a fresh pair of slacks from the closet. I was putting my belt through the loops and found something in the pocket. It was my leather pouch in which I store two SD cards and a fresh Leica M8 battery. Sure enough, they had been washed and then dried in the electric dryer.

I checked the SD cards and they write new images. I put the battery on charge, and after an hour, the yellow light goes out, I try it and it powers up the camera.

Don't try this at home, kids. Leave experiments like this to untrained professionals. ;-)

--
Regards,

Sonny
<http://www.sonc.com>http://www.sonc.com