Re: Fresh blooms -not so fresh lens

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 00:48:57 +0200

Hello Bob,

yes indeed - "Made in Munich" - the lens I used seems to be pretty good, but only if you point it in the right direction. :-)

Any kind of contrejour or strong light form the side makes the shots look as if taken through a glass of diluted milk. In some cases it makes quite a nice, dreamy atmosphere, but most are candidates for immediate deletion.

Thanks for taking the time to take a look and write.

Best from Hannover
Douglas

On 01.05.2010 15:11, BOB KISS wrote:
DEAR DOUGLAS,
        I seem to recall that I had a Steinheil enlarging lens many years
ago.  Was yours made in Munich (Munchen)?  It wasn't the sharpest lens but
the little flair and lack of contrast did give a subtle tonality as one
might expect from "old photos".
        It works very well with your very colorful flower photos.
                CHEERS!
                        BOB