Re: First Weekend of Mardi Gras Images

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 08:45:00 -0800

At 27/01/2008, you wrote:
This is the first weekend of Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans. Yesterday's day parades went on even with rain and 40 degree temps. We had some Gypsies with Camels,Chinese Dragons,Gorillas on Vespas, and marching bands (one from the rebuilt Bay St Louis).

<http://www.zoeicaimages.com/MardiGras2008WebGallery/>http://www.zoeicaimages.com/MardiGras2008WebGallery/

Name the large Canon and get a prize!

Hi Chris!

Knowing the speed at which a parade goes by, there's not much time to switch lenses, so I'm going to guess you used a Zoom. And from the usual distance we get, to photograph such things, and the variety of shots, I'm going to guess Canon's 100~400 IS model. Yes? No?

It matters not  ... this series is absolutely excellent!  Love the colour!!!!

I don't think it possible to pick a favourite and I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
---

David Young,