A bird

  • From: Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 09:32:35 -0500

Sunday, I heard the most God-awful commotion outside the window, so I took a
look, and Isabelle was climbing the tea rose bush outside the window.   A
pair of Thrashers have nested in the top, where a dove usually nests.   One
fledgling had jumped out of the nest,  and I think another was about to make
the leap.  The parents were giving Izzy hell.   I reached in the rose and
snatched Izzy off the branch, and put her inside the house.   I was looking
around, and spotted the fledge trying to look like a pile of leaves.

Kathy was washing a window nearby, so she brought the ladder and we put the
chick back in the nest.   I went to get the camera, AFTER the action was
over.  I think the fledge I put back was pretty near able to fly;  hope so,
Isabelle can be very determined

Mom and Pop  quieted down but they still kept an eye on me.

http://www.sonc.com/bird.htm

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
http://sonc.stumbleupon.com/
Natchitoches, Louisiana   (+31.754164,-093.099080)
USA