[lcfbtech] Problem with a Popup

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lcfbtech" <lcfbtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:08:57 -0800

Hi, Folks,

About a week ago I began receiving a message each time I turn on my
computer.
The message said that jucheck.exe wants to make changes to my computer; and
stated that this program is from Oracle.
The first day I said "no" to the message, but then since it stated the
product was from Oracle I responded "yes".
But the next time I turned on the computer I still got the message.
I have asked several people about this and gotten various information.
One person said that this program is reputed to hide a virus. So I ran a
complete scan with "Security Essentials" and with Malwarebytes. The results
of both scans say I have no problem.
I then saw in my system tray that a Java update was waiting, but I did not
run the update.

The next time I turned on the computer I got the same message.
How do I get rid of this message?

Any help would be appreciated.

Lori Castner