Re: VoIP Conferencing?

  • From: Cyliss Sehguh <cyliss13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lcec.code@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 22:40:30 -0800

just throwing it out there.... is there anything we can do to really get
going with code before kickoff? we can't touch the robot until after next
saturday because we're driving it around somewhere then, but after that we
can try and upload some code to it. Rus can vouch for me: I have no idea
what it takes to code for a robot (even the ardunio; all i can do is modify
other people's code), but can we start writing some simple code that we can
upload to the robot? I know the game is revealed on kickoff, so we wont know
what we want the robot to do until then, but there are basic things like
tank steering with the speed controllers and and servo control that we know
we will use. let me know what's possible and I can push to make things
available.

oh yeah, luke/others who hopefully watched the code meeting thing while the
rest of use were at FLL: so java or C++? my understanding still holds that
yes, more of us including myself know some java, but there are more
resources for C++, more years of it working, and it will be "faster"
(someone in the club told me that... forget who: referring to compiling
time) . so yea, opinion?