[lcc4hl] Fwd: The Clock is Ticking – Let's #Rally4Babies and End the Shutdown!

  • From: Bill Slater <bslater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lcc4hl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lcc4hl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 09:23:58 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sandie Rutherford <Sandie.Rutherford@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: The Clock is Ticking – Let's #Rally4Babies and End the
Shutdown!
To: Kerisa Spears <Kerisa.Spears@xxxxxxxxxx>, Claudia Jeffrey <
Claudia.Jeffrey@xxxxxxxxxx>, Kristy Cusher <kcusher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bill
Slater <bslater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 Please forward to Coalition members!

 *Sent from my U.S. Cellular® smartphone*

Patricia Cole <policycenter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   [image: Zero to Three Policy Network: Take Action! Be a Big Voice for
Little Kids
(tm)]<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=fclvBAAYp1TdlyttSM%2F8sMRlS3EPa%2BwM>

*The Clock is Ticking – Let's #Rally4Babies and End the Shutdown!*

Thanks to all of you who have made phone calls or sent tweets to your
Members of Congress urging them to vote for a clean CR (the bill to
continue government funding) and reopen the Federal government. We know
that babies’ development doesn’t shut down just because the government
does– they need the important supports for healthy growth these programs
provide. For more information about how the government shutdown can affect
infants and toddlers, read the latest entry of the Baby Policy
Blog<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8E7xPspLj5WKwY7SHOl1Z8RlS3EPa%2BwM>.

The clock is ticking and the nation’s babies and families have much at
stake. Let’s keep the phone calls and tweets going! Here's how:

*SOCIAL MEDIA *

<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=VxDovIMv%2FcbCpHRPAkEYcsRlS3EPa%2BwM>
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=wD2HvxMVjT3QpnsSlQg4hcRlS3EPa%2BwM>

We’ve developed an infographic, available in
English<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=5MMKQvsD0pn4zCRWl8zk1MRlS3EPa%2BwM>and
en
español<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=JZy2KE7SHp1j%2BKwGCq1j%2BsRlS3EPa%2BwM>,
to help you get the message across. Send the graphics to your Members of
Congress (MOC) and the President via social media. [Click
here<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=FJQ0RFqswBIVILirNKZ5mcRlS3EPa%2BwM>to
look up their social media accounts.]

*Suggested messages: *

[*Insert MOC/President Twitter handle*] Babies can’t *#shutdown* their
development. Pass a clean
CR:bit.ly/1ag2hcj<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=pR%2FQnFKmTKzVlg1Adl7Sn8RlS3EPa%2BwM>
*#JustVote* *#Rally4Babies*

[*Insert MOC/President Twitter handle*]* #QueridoCongreso* Los bebés no
pueden paralizar su desarrollo:
bit.ly/1fpYMaE<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=U3uy1InqpL1YqS%2FiwLJVr8RlS3EPa%2BwM>
 *#JustVote #Rally4Babies** *

*CALL*

The toll-free number to the Capitol Switchboard (*generously provided by
the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees*) will
remain open through next week. *Call 1-888-659-9562* and ask to be
connected to your Representative. [Find your Members of Congress
here<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=nuhBRDwA621nCXIkEgAAYsRlS3EPa%2BwM>
.]

*Suggested talking points: *

I urge Representative [name] to end the shutdown NOW by voting for a clean
CR to reopen the Federal government, with no strings attached.

Young children can’t shut down their development. They won’t get this time
back. Congress must act immediately to restore funding for all of the
programs and services that young children and families count on. Then it
will be time to work out a final budget agreement that protects the many
needs of children and families.

Forward this alert to a
friend!<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2FCY9kvxSSBY5muydXqwFo8RlS3EPa%2BwM>
    [image:
Action
Center]<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=fclvBAAYp1RNWRO9NfxZt8RlS3EPa%2BwM>
*Join the
ZERO TO THREE
Policy Network!* Access resources and tools to help you in advocating
effectively for infants, toddlers and their families.
 [image:
Join!]<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Ex1%2BwQkDQAVHsOICiM1f7K05iU60odXM>
*Baby Policy
Blog* Follow our blog for important policy developments impacting babies,
toddlers, families, and early childhood professionals.
 [image:
View!]<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=iaJGVod2e1La3wsfmBUW48RlS3EPa%2BwM>
*Find Your Elected Officials* Search for contact information for your
elected officials and their staff.
 [image:
Search!]<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=D1LgKpP%2BM3Nzb1%2BerJCrdcRlS3EPa%2BwM>
*Stay Connected* Join other child advocates and stay informed. Follow us on
these social networks:

 [image:
Facebook]<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0mBxtgwsX1eLTIn7PpoSL8RlS3EPa%2BwM>
[image:
LinkedIn]<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6NdVxm2vmm%2BK%2FPDtIeS0y8RlS3EPa%2BwM>
      [image:
bm_footerbar]<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=N73MKl0EeZpUU%2BUY4yoPncRlS3EPa%2BwM>
 ZERO
TO THREE · National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families
1255 23rd Street, NW, Suite 350 · Washington DC 20037 ·
www.zerotothree.org<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=UbFxeef8gfBs6Xz9kVevQa05iU60odXM>
Click here to
unsubscribe<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=rt4gO4m2XpYkYktItTMZDcRlS3EPa%2BwM>
[image: empowered by Salsa] <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email>